Position Announcement: Digital Communications and Design Manager
Aug 07, 2019
The Montana Budget & Policy Center (MBPC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing responsible tax, budget, and economic policies through credible research and analysis in order to promote opportunity and fairness for all Montanans. We work on a range of social justice issues including paid family and medical leave, access to quality health care, criminal justice reform, affordable housing, and investment in public education. Our team is dedicated to racial justice and creating a Montana where everyone has what they need to live their best lives.
MBPC is seeking a digital communications and design manager to design and execute a variety of digital and graphic communications efforts to help us achieve our goals and increasing the public understanding of the public policies important Montanans living on to low- and moderate-incomes. Reporting to the co-director of public affairs, this position will work collaboratively with the MBPC staff and coalition partners to implement a variety of communication strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee design, production, and distribution of organization publications including printed and electronic communications, MBPC and coalition websites, reports, brochures, fact sheets, e-newsletters, and other communications according to MBPC brand, style guide, and message guidance.
- Produce graphics, charts, videos, memes, and other visuals for MBPC and affiliated coalitions.
- Mange multiple social media accounts for MBPC and related coalitions, create thoughtful content, and develop and implement strategies to grow the following on social media platforms and increase audience engagement.
- Assist the co-director of public affairs on message development, editing, and media relations.
- Measure online reach and engagement Twitter reporting tools, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, or other relevant tools. Continuously review and assesses best practices and consider new and improved ways to enhance MBPC’s connectivity and influence.
- Stay abreast of MBPC issues and policy priorities.
- Develop content for various applications including print, email, social media, and web to help the organization influence state-level public policy solutions.
- Manage, edit, and distribute digital communications to various stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance content for the MBPC’s and related coalition websites.
- Identify opportunities for storytelling and innovative messaging.
- Understand the target audience intended for the message be able to maintain MBPC style, tone, voice and brand.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Must be fluent with a variety of programs and platforms including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Adobe Creative Cloud, (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator); Tableau; and WordPress.
- Must be comfortable working with data, able to generate polished graphics, fact sheets, and other materials from spreadsheets, reports, data visualization tools, and other technical information.
- Sense of humor.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in journalism, public relations, graphic design, communications, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Effective writing and editing skills including the ability to edit for grammar, punctuation, and organizational style guidelines.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a range of diverse audiences and
- Has knowledge of SEO and tactics to drive traffic to the MBPC and affiliated websites.
You will be a highly-qualified candidate if you possess:
- Knowledge of state legislative process and familiarity with Montana policy issues.
- Experience in local or state-level communications campaigns.
- Experience with video software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or After Effects.
The ideal candidate will work full-time and be based in Helena. However a truly exceptional candidate may be located in Missoula.
Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience. MBPC offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, and generous paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and paid family and medical leave.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and sample graphics/videos/or other visual examples by email to: Tjensen@montanabudget.org
A full job description can be found here. The position is open until filled. Initial application review will include all applications received by August 30.
We strongly encourage applicants from diverse communities, constituencies, and identities, including but not limited to people of all ethnic/racial backgrounds, people of all gender identities/gender expressions, people with disabilities, individuals living on low-incomes, and LGBTQ persons.