Request for Proposals: Contract Lobbying for 2021 Legislative Session
Nov 10, 2020
The Montana Budget & Policy Center is soliciting proposals to provide lobbying services for the 2021 Legislative Session. Our legislative agenda includes protecting and expanding state revenue general fund revenue sources, tax fairness legislation, protecting Medicaid expansion coverage, and state budget investments in state-tribal initiatives. We will be considering proposals on a rolling basis, but to be considered for our first round of interviews, please respond by no later than November 20, 2020.
Term of Service:
December 15, 2020 – May 1, 2021
Scope of Services:
- Work with MBPC to identify key legislative proposals to track and monitor;
- Lobby on behalf of MBPC for identified legislative proposals;
- During the legislative session, meet with legislators and identified stakeholders on identified legislative proposals;
- Interact with MBPC’s staff to coordinate legislative strategy and testimony;
- Support and review testimony, talking points, and other informational tools that MBPC produces;
- Identify the stance of legislators with regard to identified legislative proposals;
- Communicate at least weekly with the Co-director of Research and Development to share information;
- Provide information in a timely manner on contracted activities so MBPC can file reports as required by the Commissioner of Political Practices;
- Participate in a post-session de-briefing to identify strengths, weaknesses, and recommendations; and
- Register as a lobbyist with the Commissioner of Political Practices.
Please submit a proposal, no longer than 2 pages, that includes the following:
- Description of professional background, including legislative experience and government relations work, including any legislative successes or lessons learned from defeats;
- Description of experience working on progressive, social justice policy work;
- Other agencies or organizations for which you will be provide lobbying services in 2021; and
- Fee schedule
Send your proposals to Heather O’Loughlin, Co-director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. While MBPC will accept proposals on a rolling basis, to be considered in the first round of review, proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., on Friday, November 20.