Thank You for a Great 2015
Dec 29, 2015
With only two days left in the year, we decided to take a look back and remember what a great year 2015 was.
Together, in 2015, we:
- Passed Medicaid expansion providing tens of thousands of Montanan access to affordable health care.
- Defeated dozens of irresponsible tax cuts that would have drained our state of critical resources needed to invest in our communities.
- Released cutting edge research on paid family leave, tribal colleges, earned income tax credit, and more.
- Formed two new partnerships with the Women's Foundation of Montana and the Montana Health Care Foundation.
- Made real progress toward establishing a Montana earned income tax credit to help working families make ends meet.
- And much, much more.
It really was a year to be proud of, and we wanted to take a second to say thank you. Whether you wrote a letter to the editor, called your legislator, talked to your friends about Medicaid expansion, donated to MBPC, or simply became more informed by reading our blog, you helped make 2015 one where the lives of our low-income neighbors will be a little bit better.
Unfortunately, 2015 is also the year we say goodbye to our long time staff member, Laura John. Laura has served as the State Tribal Policy Specialist, and her perspective and dedication was critical to our work. We will miss Laura, but we wish her all the best as she begins her next adventure.
MBPC is committed to continuing the groundbreaking work Laura started, and we know she leaves big shoes to fill.
We wish you and your family a fun and safe New Years. We look to next year when we will work on issues like paid family and medical leave, EITC, affordable childcare, pre-Kindergarten, and so much more. Together we can accomplish great things in 2016.